Kilimanjaro area have both natural and cultural heritage to offer the visitor. There are more than seven waterfalls in the vicinity, unique flora with tree, flower and fruit nurseries and fauna. Tour the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro and ascend to beautiful viewpoints. Tours through Marangu offers panoramic view of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Visit the home and memorial of the late Yohana Lauwo, a Marangu native who accompanied Dr. Hans Meyer on the first recorded climb of Kilimanjaro in 1889, and read the original log books of Lauwo. Customised half day, full day or two day walking safaris can be organised. These tours include the Kinukamori and Moonjo falls and a visit to a Chagga house made of straw-roofing. See the first coffee tree planted in Tanzania and climb up Ngangu Hill. A trip to the African Art Centre that houses a collection of ancient and modern sculptures, carvings and painting, is rewarding. Mamba is a paradise for birdwatchers and nature lovers.
The following can also be offer under this programme:
- A visit to a local traditionally built household to get an idea of how an extended family lives together
- Traditional dancing: We can bring the dance to you or you can bring the people to the dance.
- A walk through coffee plantations and open fields where potatoes, cabbages, maize, beans and other cash crops are cultivated by the villagers.
- A visit to the primary school where money generated from tourism as Development Fees is used to rehabilitate the school
- The pleasure of impressive viewpoints overlooking Kilimanjaro town, hiking along narrow footpaths, crossing a canyon and climbing small hills. You can take a half day tour, full day tour or a 3 day south Kilimanjaro cultural hike. A fourth option is an 8-hour walking trip from Kilimanjaro to the starting point, where you connect with the full day tour.
- A visit to families with disabled children in the village to exchange ideas on family planning and HIV/ AIDS
- An introduction to village Environmental Conservation Initiative (VECI)
- Attending the church service on Sunday
- A taste of locally prepared coffee and learning about the bio-gas Plant
- Entertainment by local theatre works around a bonfire
- A visit to the three waterfalls in the area
- A visit to the lush tropical vegetation at the foot of Mt Kilimanjaro
For more information contact us..